Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I just realized that it has NOT sunk in yet that I *am* a nurse. My new neighbor (who btw has lived across the street from me for 5 months and never said a word to me) just came over at 12 a.m. because she just saw me come home, to introduce herself. Weird? Yeah, a little... but I'm still glad she did. Although, I was cursing at her from behind my door the other day due to her obnoxious cats that I can't stand (which may be another post... although I'm re-thinking it now). Anyway, she has the cutest little 10 year old Australian Shepard and I'm pretty sure her and Zoey will be BFF's now. I have never seen Zoey get along with any dog as well as she did with this one. She has MET her match in energy. They ran circles around my car until they dropped! It was great! But... that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is that I graduated from LPN school a month ago and tonight in conversation I told this lady that I was in Nursing School! What the heck!??!?! I must have sounded like an idiot when I then said "Well, actually, I'm kindda not... " And startled babbling something to the fact of "I was, but I graduated, but I am going back.... So... Uhhhhh." Durf. What's wrong with me?!?!?!?! Maybe after I take my state boards and I have my license in hand it'll finally sink in that I am, in fact, a real live nurse! Or maybe it won't. Maybe I'll just sound like an idiot until I have a job working as a nurse. Maybe I just need to snap out of it and realize that even though I'm not an RN, and I'm not working as a nurse yet, I did put in my time as a student, and I am a graduate, and LPN stands for Licensed Practical Nurse, dangit! Oh wait, I'm not licensed yet. So I'm a GPN? WHATEVER!! The N still stands for NURSE! And now, this little nurse is going to bed because it's 2 a.m. and maybe my lack of a coherent truthful conversation was due to the fact that it was past my bedtime when this lady knocked on my door!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Rumor has it, I don't post enough on my blog. I have to agree, but I've been trying not to procrastinate while studying for my state boards. Although.... I procrastinate anyway, so I might as well do some productive procrastination (is there such a thing? there is now!) and participate in Top 2 Tuesday this week!
My Top 2 Favorite Things About Summer
1. Going lobstering in the Florida Keys the last week of July, like I have every year for as long as I can remember....
2. Spending time on the boat - but not just any boat... this year we will be spending time on our NEW boat!!!!
This picture was taken on it's way to it's new home :) I can't wait until the boy is done working on it and making sure it's in tip top shape so we can take her out on her maiden voyage!!!
Monday, April 26, 2010
One of my bestest friends is on her way to serve our country overseas...I would love it if you could all join me today in keeping her in your thoughts, and praying for her safe travels.
Or Dress Blues...
This girl is one tough cookie and I couldn't be prouder of my Lissa!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
It's that time of the week again... Head on over here if you wanna play too!
1. What color do you wear the most? I'm not really sure. I have a very wide and colorful variety of clothes... I guess blue though, because I'm ALWAYS in blue jeans!
2. Would you rather have $10,000 dollars or a dream vacation? $10,000. I'd spend it on a reasonable vacation, and then put the rest in a high interest saving's account so I could go on another awesome vacation one day!
3. Do you have a weird, quirky or unusual habit? Probably, but apparently I don't think it's weird, quirky, or unusual :)
4. I really need to start..........? Working out again! I feel so blah... Starting this week I have a daily date with Jillian Michaels and we're gonna shred it up!
5. What was the first blog you ever read? Project: 10K Wedding by my friend Jessica!
6. Do you collect anything? Pictures.... I used to collect stamps, back in the day. lol.
7. How old were you when you had your first kiss? 14 or 15 - I know, I'm a big loser.
8. Do you text/twitter while driving? I would never... admit it! My mom reads this blog, sheesh!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
I'm sure all of you diehard Twilight fans have heard by now about the new Stephenie Meyer book - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella.
But... did you know that you can pre-order it from Barnes and Noble right now for only $7.69? It won't be available until June 5th, but I thought you might like to know that..... If we have to wait for Midnight Sun, we can at least get a good deal on this book in the mean time! lol.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
I haven't been doing all that much. Getting some things scratched off my "to-do" list around the house, relaxing, working on my tan, oh yeah... and studying :) I've also made time for some fun though...You may remember, one of the things I was looking forward to was my friend Melissa coming home for a week on leave from the Marines the same week that I was graduating - and she did! And we got to spend some good quality best friend time together!
We had a puppy play date, watched New Moon, and hit the beach! That all qualifies as good quality time to me, how about you?
Isn't her puppy, Miss Gracie, the cutest little thing? She's a Jack/Rat Terrior mix, just a few weeks old, and adorable! (She got put in puppy jail - aka Zoey's big crate - in this picture for piddlin' on the floor)
Zoey was so sweet and gentle with her. And tolerant too!
When we took our trip to Ft.Lauderdale Beach we just couldn't resist hitting some tourist shops and buying these cute floppy hats!!! Aren't they great?
I sure do love me some Lissa time and I can't wait until she comes back from Afghanistan so we can play again!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Do any of you have an HP printer that uses 02 ink?
I had to replace my printer, and sadly, they don't even make printers that use that ink anymore so I couldn't get one that took the same kind. I recently put new cartridges in, and I have a yellow one that is still in the package!
I hate to just throw it away... so if anyone has a use for it, please send me an email and I'll ship it out to you.