Yup, I'm the girl with the STACK of coupons at the register.
Just for you Jess- since you called me a dork for making a trip to Walgreens tonight before my coupons expired. Let me show ya'll what I got for less than 50 bucks!
- Walgreens brand spray sunscreen - buy one get one = 2 for $7.99
- Gillette Fusion Shave Cream - 2 for $5 plus a manufacturer coupon for $1 off = 2 for $4
- Walgreens Isopropyl Alcohol - Walgreens coupon for 99 cents
- Trident Gum - 2 packs on sale for 79 cents each
- The Blind Side on dvd - Walgreens coupon for $16.99 (My Grandma's bday gift - she loves Sandra Bullock!)
- Chex Mix - buy one get one, plus a manufacturer coupon for $1 off! = 2 for $1.99!!!!
- Folgers Coffee - on sale for $5.99, plus a manufacturer coupon for 55 cents off
- Kiss press on nails for my Mommy to try - Manufacturer coupon for $2.00 off = $3.79
Grand Total = 12 items for $47.03
That's like $3.92 per item!
I'm usually pretty good about keeping a steady stash of coupons, but I've decided recently that I'm going to try and be a little bit better about not letting them expire. I've started following more bargain blogs and I'm going to try and plan my shopping trips in advance so I can utilize most of my coupons. It takes a little bit of extra time, but it's worth it. Today I was on Walgreens.com and happened to browse through their weekly ad. They have a nifty button that allows you to click on the items you would buy, and add them to your "weekly shopping list". I did this, and then printed it out. Before I left, I went through my stack of coupons and grabbed all of the manufacturer coupons I had for the items on my list, and off I went. I saved $28.70 by planning ahead! Definitely worth it, don't you think???