Wednesday, June 23, 2010

VACATION!

All I ever wanted... Vacation.... Had to get away!!!!!

That was our theme song this past weekend as we took off to the Florida Keys with 2 other couples for a short getaway :) The perks of living 2 hours from Islamorada is that we don't have to plan these trips forever in advance and can be there in a heartbeat. Love it!

We stayed at a GORGEOUS townhouse...
The boy wasted NO time and got right to makin' some Bahama Mama's with his new Frozen Concoction Maker!
Very soon after our arrival, we packed up the blender and took off to the beach in our new boat!
We spent some time floating around with our Frozen Concoctions!
The girls had way too much fun playing with a noodle...
We watched for manatees in the canals.
We swam with the fishes and even saw a stingray and a turtle!
We caught some fishes... (but I spent more time un-hooking Jenn's fishes than catching my own!)
We dressed up pretty to watch the sunset and have dinner... and we visited the Tiki Bar after!

And then on our last day we did a bit more fishing, Kimmy caught some reef, and we said goodbye and headed back home.
With as much time as I spend in the Keys, I have NEVER stayed in a hotel down there. (I'm lucky enough to have grandparents with a vacation house down there that we usually stay at, or we rent a house with my godparents during lobster season) I have to say, I was pleased with the experience, and I would definitely recommend the Lime Tree Bay Resort to you if you are ever looking for a place to stay. It's a little bit south of Islamorada, but close enough to not be inconvenient. We stayed in the Zane Grey Townhouses (which was VERY nice), but they have lots of different kinds of rooms of various sizes and they offer great amenities such as free Wi-fi, Kayak use, Pools, boat dockage, etc. The rooms were very clean, and fairly priced. The only problem was that parking was a little bit tight for us at the townhouse because we had a truck, car, and SUV... but it wasn't anything we couldn't work out. Overall, it was a nice experience, and good times were had with great friends.
(and the bahama mama's were nice too!!!)

10 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a blast! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That looks like an awesome time! I want to go!! (Your blog looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun getaway...next time I come to FL you need to take me..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We honeymooned on Islamorada! And loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a very fun getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun!! I love Bahama Mama's! Can he make me one??

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your pictures. We just got back from FL (live in Hawaii).

    I'm a new follower :)

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had an amazing time!! How fun :0)

    ReplyDelete