Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up and a Recipe!

Wow... my weekend wrap up pretty much starts on Thursday! We didn't wind up going out to dinner like planned. Ed had to work late :( so we heated up the rest of the hamburger corn casserole before heading down to Riverfront to see Transformers!!!!! The movie was pretty awesome. There was so much going on that our heads were all over the place trying to take it all in! It didn't help that we had to sit a little close for an IMAX because it was so crowded. After the movie (since we still had time on our parking spot) we walked around downtown. We took a stroll down by the Intercoastal waterway, and did some people watching as all the bars down there were beginning to fill up for the night. All in all, we had a great time, and decided that we really should do it more often!!!

Unfortunately, the boyfriend did wind up working on his birthday :( So I slept in like a lazy bum, and then I got up and did some things around the house, and made Cheesecake Brownies! I cheated and used a brownie mix.... but who cares... lol

Basically, all you do (if you cheat, like me) is mix up the brownie mix... and then in a separate bowl mix up 8 oz. of softened cream cheese, with 1/3 cup of fine sugar, and 1 egg.
Yum! Brownies.....
and then... you spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie mixture in the pan.... and run a knife through it for a marble effect.
And then it looks like this!
The directions said to bake it for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Let me tell you, it was NOT done in 40 minutes. I put it in for over an hour and kept checking it. Finally, the top seemed firm, and a tootpick came out clean. HOWEVER, if I were to make this again, I would put it in a larger pan so that the brownie mixture was thinner and it would take less time to cook. When we cut into it later, I realized that there was a pocket in the middle of brownie that didn't cook all of the way. His sister said that part was yummy and she actually thought it was a fudge swirl, hahahaha. It was much better the next day after it had sat in the fridge all night.

Anyway... so his birthday wasn't really all that exciting. We had dinner at his parents house and his older sister made a few smart comments to him as soon as she walked in the door that pretty much put him in a funk for the whole night. By 9:45 we were home and he was ready for bed. :( Oh well... at least Thursday night was fun!

On Saturday I did some miscellaneous stuff, and took Zoey to the dog park for a while to burn off some energy! Ed invited me to the station for dinner. (He was cooking Chicken Piccata - sooooo good!) I headed down there around 6, and didn't wind up leaving until after 11! Another spouse had come down as well, and after we stuffed our faces with yummy food, we walked outside and saw some fireworks and then came in and curled up in the recliners and watched a movie with our boys. I wasn't expecting to be able to spend the holiday with him, and I'm really glad I did! It was really nice! They also got lucky and were only called out to one call when we were there! Yay! I had been invited to multiple events because everyone knew Ed had to work and nobody wanted me to be alone (awww) but I gladly declined all offers to stay with him. It was much safer than being out on the roads, thats for sure! I headed home when the movie was over, and that was that!

Sunday was homework day again... and Ed did some pressure cleaning on our patio and sidewalks and stuff. BORING..... Oh, but then we went to my mommy's house so her and my step-dad could give him their gift. Yummy garlic pretzels, and shots of tequila always put a smile on Ed's face....

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend, and not too awful of a Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment