Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm so proud.....

Of MYSELF!!!

lol.... So I didn't really do anything all day, and I was sitting on the couch and started getting sleepy from being immobile, and all of the sudden I told myself that I was just not going to sit around all day and do nothing!!!! So I got up, changed my clothes, and headed to the gym! All by little self... even though I didn't feel like it and could have easily just sat around for another few hours watching tv or playing on the computer. I'm so proud! I normally don't go to the gym without Ed, even though I have been saying for a few months now that I am going to go and just do cardio when he is at work. (I have only done this like once!) There is no reason for me not to, I just never get up and go. I went to a few workout classes with a friend, and I said I was going to start going to classes with her when he was at work, but then she hurt her back, so I haven't been doing that either. I actually felt much better and much more energized when I came home today also! We haven't had time to go regularly this week, and I was really starting to notice it. I think we have only eaten at home once this week....My metabolism has slowed down, I feel un-motivated, and I haven't been able to sleep well at night. It's so wierd how your body reacts to things like that. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with everyone. :) I'm pretty sure I'm actually going to get a good nights sleep now!!!!!

Oh, and.... My other accomplishment in this area is that I did a full hour on the elliptical! If you follow me on Facebook at all, you might know that back in February when I took my first attempt at the elliptical, I had to get off after 8 minutes. Yes, only 8 minutes. My heart rate was sky high, I was out of breath, and my thighs were on fire! These days we normally start our workout with 35-45 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill, 25 minutes if we do the stairmaster. I'm a survivor! I'm so proud that I can now go and do these things without any trouble!

I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either... I take that as a good sign. I'm gaining muscle, and losing fat, and as long as it equals out or drops, I'm okay with that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment