Friday, October 23, 2009

While I'm on the shoe subject....

I've gotta share with you my other great Overstock.com bargain!!!!

Now that the wedding is over, I have things I can share!!! Yay! and when Jess gets back from her honeymoon, I have one more thing wedding related to share with you. I can't wait!!!!

In the meantime... I gotta show you the cute shoes I got for $28 to wear to the wedding!!!
They didn't have a 6 1/2 so I settled for a size 6 which was pretty darn close to perfect, but a little snug around the toes. I talked to my mom about it, an she suggested sticking wooden mixing spoons in the front to stretch them. At first I laughed, but then I tried it. Let me tell you, as silly as it looked, IT WORKED!!!! They fit just fine after a week of stretching and didn't bother my toes one bit! And of course, they looked awesome with the dress my oh so talented Mommy made for me to wear :)


Isn't it great??? My mom has been SO busy and SO wonderful. Not only did she hand-make my dress, she also did some tailoring on Ed's dress shirt, AND did all of the alterations on the bridesmaid dresses!

She rocks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes and dress...very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...thank you Honey...that was sweet of you to blog about me...8-) And you looked awesome in your pretty dress and I'm glad the shoes fit fine! They were perfect! 8-) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete