Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The World of the Crackberry


It's official, I have entered the world of the Crackberry. I'm a dork, and I'm excited about it! I used to think it was a waste of money. I used to think that there is just not really any reason to have all of that junk on your cell phone. Cell phones are just for phone calls right? NOT ANYMORE!!!! Phone calls are the LEAST of the priority of a phone anymore. Who needs phone calls when you have such great things as text messaging, and emails? And the convenience of having the internet at your fingertips at all hours of the day, no matter where you are? Ugh, its simply dangerous, and I love it!!! hahaha. I hope I don't turn into one of those people that truly cannot seem to live without their blackberry, but I really do hope that I figure this damn thing out so that I can truly utilize all of it's amazing features when I desire them. I mean, honestly, I wasn't sold on it. Ed and I were due for upgrades on our phones, and we were kind of interested in the blackberry, but weren't sure about them. The thing is, we weren't thrilled with any of the other phones that Sprint offers, and it sort of turned into a why the heck not sort of thing. And if came highly recommended from our awesome Sprint Service Center Rep. Our bill actually wound up being cheaper than what it was before because of the awesome plans that they have now for pda's. I love the idea of internet (google is my best friend after all), and I am really excited about being able to have it when I am in the hospital on clinical days. For one reason, I won't be completely detached from the world all day, and I can look stuff up online when I have questions, AND they make a PDA version of the drug guide we use so I don't have to carry a book around with me. So now that I have justified my dorkiness..... I'm going to try and study for a while so I can play with it some more! It's currently charging :) I'll keep you posted, we'll see if I turn into "one of those". Oh, and did I forget to mention that it comes with NAV!?!?!?!? AND Blogger has an application for it too!!!! It's not looking good me is it?

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how you enjoy the addiction. I have to upgrade my phone in June, and I'm considering the Crackberry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so freakin jealous! i want one but they dont have them for metro...damn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, sounds like my daughter is officially a dork! teehee...hope you like it lots and lots...it does make sense for school/work...

    ReplyDelete