Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's like Christmas! In June!


On my way home from school today, I was checking my crackberry and was excited to see that I had an email from my swap partner, Jordan. Not only was she checking in to say hi and see how things were going (because she's cool like that) but she was also writing to tell me that she had been checking the tracking number on my package, and it should be at my house! Yay! So much excitement! I suddenly became very perturbed at the slow as molasses truck in front of me. They were holding me back from my swap package dangit! sheesh! When I finally made it home, I was very pleased to see that our awesome FedEx guy had taken the time to bag up my box before setting it on the porch, therefore saving it from today's torrential downpours! (The storms were so bad here today that the cover flew off of the Camaro! and I just had the pause from writing this, this very minute, to go save it again! This time it was about to fly off and possibly down the street!) Anyway, as soon as I possibly could, I opened my package :)

Without further rambling... here are the goods!

Packaged so cute! In PINK! :)
The opened product.... Captain (my own little bottle that I will be hiding from the mister), Coke, cute tumblers to put it in!, Mini cookies (aka study snacks that have ALREADY been hidden from the mister), Starbursts and hot tamales (add those to the stash as well...), an AWESOME smelling candle, some way cool Chapstick that I have never seen before but am already in love with (Jordan, I may be placing orders to TX for this. How did you know that I never the leave the house without Chapstick!!?!?!?!?!), and the cutest little pink bag to put a wet bathing suit in after beachin' or boatin'. It's got a liner in it to keep it from soaking through. (so much more attractive to walk around with than a grocery bag, lol)
And of course, being the founder of Mutt Monday and a dog lover and all... she included something for my Zoey monster. I let her check that one out for herself, it was so cute!
As soon as she realized what it was, she took off with it, and I had to hunt her down to take a picture. She hasn't let go since.....

Jordan should get her swap package on Thursday, so I can't reveal yet what I sent her... BUT all I can say is that I couldn't help but chuckle when I opened one of her gifts. Just one more thing we have in common. ;-)

Thank you Jordan! I love it all!!!!
Oh, and p.s. everything was intact, and there was no concealer to be found....

I'd also like to thank Angela at Sweet Tea Diaries for hosting this awesome swap!

To top off my little Christmas in June party, I went to the mailbox and found a thank you card from my Aunt for all my help during Paige's wedding, and a few prints of some great shots that were taken. This is one of my favorites, and I was so happy to see it in there.... Thanks Aunt Lisa!

My Grandma Lucy and I at the Rehearsal.
Isn't my dress cute? My mom made it! Check out her blogger post about it...

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you and Grandma Lucy! And it sure looks like you got some cool "summer swap" stuff from Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swap package was very cool and that picture of you and Grandma was so good, (I sent her a copy too :)

    ReplyDelete